Over the next couple of days I will be featuring some highlights from my experience at The Global Leadership Summit in Chicago. So amazing!
Verse of the Day:
“To acquire wisdom is to love oneself;
people who cherish understanding will prosper.”
Quotes from session 2 – Len Schlesinger (President of Babson College at Harvard):
Action Trumps Everything
“We are all entrepreneurs. Only too few of us get to practice it”
In the face of unknowability what will action look like?
– Starting on the firm ground of reality – be honest with where you are.
– Start with the things you care about.
– Use what you have at hand
– Have friends and resources available to you for support
– What kind of SMALL step can you take NOW?
– Act quickly with the means at hand.
– Looking for the expectable return is nonsense. Instead think about what the acceptable loss is, and only stop then.
– Failure doesn’t mean game over, it means try again with this new experience. So stop operation with the fear of failure.
Quotes from session 2 – Cory Booker (Mayor of Newark, New Jersey):
“You are the result of a grand conspiracy of Love”
“We have what we have today because those before us saw hope in desolate times and chose to stand.”
“Your attitude about the world says nothing about the world; it says something about your character.”
“If it is to be – It’s up to me”
“If we LIVE our values we can create radical transformation”
“But before you tell me what you teach, show me how you live and give.”
“Let us now stand up. Let us stand because people stood for us and fought for us and bled for us. Let us stand because … change never rolls in on the wheels of inevitability. Let us stand because ‘liberty and justice for all’ must be a passion and purpose every day. And if we stand like this, then we will find a way to get to the roof.”
Video of the Day:
currently listening to “Young Love” by Mat Kearney – loving “Count On Me ft. Regina Spektor”, “Chasing the Light” & “Ships in the Night” – feel like the old Mat! & the emotional “Down” “Rochester” and my Fav: “Learning to Love Again”